Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Triceratops is Sean's Favorite Dinosaur. Now you Know.

Meh.  Tim has my camera.  The pictures I  take are usually the inspiration for my blog so I'm feeling in a bit of a rut.  Sure, I could just pull something off the internet but where's the fun in that?  Where's the creativity?  I mean, I'm not scrapbooking over here!  I think I can muster up a little creative energy of my own without the help of a Google search.  Okay, I'll just find something funny on the internet, like a video of a hedgehog playing the piano.  I just made that up, but hold on, let me see if I can find one . . .

Okay, I'm back.  No luck.  Come on!  This is the INTERNET.  I thought you could find anything.  "Hamster on a Piano" was closest/cutest thing I found, plus a lot of videos of nerdy teenagers playing the Sonic the Hedgehog theme song.  I also found this print from boygirlparty  I knew other people shared my interest in spiny mammals performing for the amusement of their friends.

This week my friend Sean is going away, very far away.  Not to jail or heaven or anything, just to Alaska.  Still, that's pretty far and I'm pretty sure they've never heard of things like cell phones and email up in Palin country so who knows when I'll talk to him again.  By then he might have gone from being a vegetarian to shooting wolves from helicopters while fighting off Russian spies.

Sean is having a dinosaur themed going away party this weekend so I thought I'd kick things off a little early with an exhibition of some of the finest dinosaur-themed wares the internet has to offer . . .

First, a robot riding a triceratops, which happens to be Sean's favorite dinosaur.  Get it in t-shirt form from Happy Family.  They have a lot of non-dinosaur-related awesome-ness as well.  Wow, that's a lot of hyphens.

Okay, now imagine that you're back in prehistoric times and dinosaurs are roaming the earth, but instead of actually roaming, they're ROLLING because now they have wheels for legs.  The creator of these toys imagined this scenario and then MADE IT HAPPEN!  Now that's positive thinking.  You can find these guys at Happy Squash Toys.

Sean, I hope you ordered enough Chocolate Dinosaurs for the party.  If not, you can find these here.  Maybe you can get her to overnight them to you.  Kentucky's not that far away.

And check out these dinosaur buttons!  They're, well, you know, cute and colorful and stuff.

And last but maybe the best, a freakin' dinosaur chair!  I might buy this for myself if it weren't for the fact that it's sized for a child, and you know my butt isn't fitting into that.  Maybe I can just find the fabric somewhere and reupholster a thrift store chair.

You can find this chair in a bunch of places online, including here.  Let me know if you buy it so I can come over and try it out/probably break it.

Good luck in Alaska, Sean!  May all your dinosaur dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment